12.02.2008

Domokun...

I first saw domokun like in... 2003 or 4? Was watching Michelle Kwon skate in Japan on TV, and when she finished her performance, people started throwin domokun dolls on the ice rink. She picked up one and was carrying it during the interview. I was like "I need to have one!" (domokun, not michelle kwan) 

Visiting the NHK station... where Domokun is the mascot.

My latest domos: a cube domo and domo keychain after climbing Mt. Fuji.
Then Domo somehow became the official mascot for Target during Halloween which was bizzare.
 Now this! Domo is high fashion?!...
Domo is all growns up. Maybe time for me to let him go.

6 comments:

Liz Kim said...

your most poignant post. *tear*

rly said...

let go. too commercial now. time to find a new toy nobu-chan!

ubon said...

I thought she'd be your ultimate fantasy.

Mary Chikagami said...

i was shocked when i saw Domo-kun in Target too. that was way too bizarre. i thought of you too, funny...

Unknown said...

man... i get no credit...

Nobu said...

(b-lated credit goes to ed for sending me the domokun fashion lady image)