8.15.2011

My top 10 atheletes

Watched the HBO Jeter documentary this sunday. Really enjoyed it. Which got me thinking, who are my top 10 athletes of all time? Here is my list:

Honorable mentions: ronnie lott (best tackles), kim yuna (cute), eddie jones (too bad he never won with the lakers), andre agassi (fun to watch), Carl Lewis (fast)

10. Mariano Rivera - You knew the game was over when he came in the ball game. (too bad he's in a rare funk currently)

9. SHAQ - not the current shaq, but the shaq of when he came to the Lakers.

8. Barry Sanders. Love watching him. He actually looked like a nimble lion on the field.

7. Deion Sanders - Didn't really care for his baseball skillz, but Deion as cornerback... crazy.

6. Magic Johnson. Mr. SHOWTIME. Reason I'm a Lakers/NBA fan. I still remember the time when I was at my high school cross country match, and one of my classmate came and was telling everyone that he has AIDS. (later found out he was HIV+) We all thought he was going go die in a week or so. No one felt like running that day.

5. Bo Jackson - This was probably because of Nike and the "bo knows" campaign. I really thought he could do everything except play hockey. Watching him on the Rrrrraiders.

4. Derek Jeter - Consummate professional. Still remember going to a yankees game 4-5 years ago, and there's this little jewish kid who sat in front of me. Every time Jeter came up to bat, he would say "Jeter..." in admiration.

3. Jerry Rice. The reason I got into football. Touchdown king. I had one poster where he just scored a touchdown, and a San Diego Chargers player was on the ground and you know he couldn't catch up. The poster just says "Just Did It"

2. Kobe Bryant - 2nd best nba player ever. Was at the game where he dropped 61 on the knicks at the garden. The best game I've ever went to in my life.

1. Michael Jordan - I think at my peak I had 27 posters up, 11 Wheaties boxes featuring Jordan, was in the "jordan fan club". My favorite jordans: jordan #5. Greatest athlete ever. I watched him play around 4 times in my life. One time I was at a clippers and... don't remember the other team... at the sports arena, and Jordan walks in during the 2nd quarter with his entourage and sits in the stands (not even in the nice section but in the same floor as I was. Of course everyone stopped watching the game and all eyes were on jordan just sitting there (and few other Bulls with them)

No comments: